Open CASCADE* is a geometry library, released under the "Open CASCADE Technology Public License". Though very sophisticated in design and depth, there's no effective knowledge exchange platform yet (at least none that I know of). You can find infos in blogs, the official user guides and the official Open CASCADE forum, but the latter is rather inhibiting in its abilities. So this is a first attempt to collaboratively collect knowledge (theoretical background as well as technical stuff) about the library.
Please feel free to register and add content about whatever knowledge you might want to share concerning Open CASCADE, its usage and architecture.
This wiki does not have affiliation with OPEN CASCADE S.A.S.
Unfortunately wikidot.com is placing cumbersome banners on top and bottom of each wiki page. They claim, the ad vanishes, as soon as you log in.
Open Cascade Community Edition Initiative
Thomas Paviot has recently initiated a new approach for a community-based enhancement process of Open CASCADE, based on a github.com repository containing a copy of Open CASCADE 6.5.0. He made an announcement in the official forum and Roman Lygin has commented on this idea on his blog. There's a google group avaible for the iniative, where the initiative and technical issues is discussed.
Getting Started With Open CASCADE
- Frequently-asked questions
- Introduction to Open CASCADE: Find out more about Open CASCADE
- Tutorial Started by D. Semikin - Unofficial OpenCASCADE tutorial.
- Tips and Tricks: Make Open CASCADE easier to learn and use
- How to build Open CASCADE: Guides for building Open CASCADE on different platforms
- Common issues with using Open CASCADE: common mistakes, things to keep in mind
- Details of Open CASCADE: these articles deal with certain details of Open CASCADE's architecture
- Explore Open CASCADE's package zoo: An overview of the existing packages in Open CASCADE and their purpose
- Projects (both commercial and non-commercial) building on Open CASCADE technology
Getting Started With Open CASCADE Wiki
- Roadmap for Open CASCADE wiki: What to do next?
- Wiki structure guidelines: How to structure this wiki
- Wiki forum
- Open CASCADE Wiki Etiquette
- Invite a friend to join this wiki
Using Open CASCADE
- Articles about Open CASCADE by Roman Lygin
- Open CASCADE's reference documentation annotations providing important details about certain classes or packages missing in the official docs
- Various code recipes for Open CASCADE
- Tools and Snippets for Debugging and Testing Open CASCADE Applications
- Running Open CASCADE in parallel environments: What's known about the parallel abilities of OCC
- Best Practices Open CASCADE does not provide any "best practices" in using the library. Here we collect them.
- Useful threads from the official forum: A collection of helpful threads.
*Open CASCADE is a registered trademark of Open CASCADE S.A.S.